View All News
Read Café Read Café is the library’s lunchtime book club. The first book club selection of the year is Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson and it is ready for checkout in the library. This important novel of historical fiction shows the lengths we can go to cast off our chains, both physical and spiritual. The discussion will be held during both early and late lunches on October 25. Students AND staff are invited! See Mrs. More in the library to sign up and check out the book. Hurry in before they’re all checked-out!
Wrestling Open Gyms Wrestling open gym will be starting this week, Tuesday and Thursday after school until 4:30pm and Wednesday morning 7:15-8:00am. It is open to anyone interested in wrestling - boys and girls!
Mann, College Costs A Lot Scholarship Mann Mortgage encourages all seniors to enter to win a $500 scholarship! One lucky winner will be selected and announced at half-time during the Crosstown Football game on October 14th. This scholarship is open to all seniors planning to attend a higher education institution, trade school, or program. Stop by the Career Center before October 13th to sign up!
Current NHS Members (not new applicants) Our 1st Quarter National Honor Society Meeting will be held during both lunches in the Main Conference Room on Monday, September 26th. Attend during your lunch. We will be voting on officers and an important decision regarding volunteer hour requirements, so please be sure to attend.
Yearbook Photos Students, the yearbook is in need of photos from you. Send photos of your summer activities and trips, your homecoming proposals, your homecoming dinners and the dance to email@example.com.
The yearbook is also planning pages dedicated to students who have experienced injuries and would like to share stories of challenges you faced navigating the halls and classes while injured. Send GHSyearbook@sd5.k12.mt.us a picture of you and your injury that caused you to be in a sling, boot, cast, on crutches or scooters or something similar to those and short story of how hard it was to navigate the school hallways or classes. You can also tell us how nice it was to get out of classes early.
The yearbook is also looking for bereals and .5 pictures from students to be featured in special sections. Once again email the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENIORS - the yearbook is in need of your baby pictures. Send a baby picture to email@example.com to be featured on the baby pic pages in the yearbook.
If you cant figure out email you can also use the hjeshare app or hjeshare.com using code glacier to submit photos for all these sections.
Special Olympics Volunteers Needed Are you a skier or snowboarder? Volunteer to ski/snowboard with the DREAM Adaptive program which helps GHS Special Olympians train for the Winter Olympics. Student volunteers will go to the Mt on Thursdays in Jan and Feb with GHS Special Olympians. Students are required to ride the bus and have their own equipment. Grades are checked each week. Sign up in the B100 with Mrs. Griswold. Final sign up is Sept 29.
PSAT Glacier High School will be offering the PSAT exam on Wednesday, October 12th. This practice exam is for Juniors and Sophomores who intend to take the SAT and would like to work toward improving their score. The fee for the exam is $18 and signups are in the Main Office. Juniors may sign up beginning on Wednesday, September 14th. Sophomores may sign up beginning on Friday, Sept 16th. The last day to sign up for the PSAT is Thursday, October 6th. For additional information, please contact Keith Johnson in the Counseling Office or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events of the Week
Monday, 9/26 -
- Dress-Up Day: Dress Like Adam Sandler Day
- Freshman Volleyball v. Stillwater, 4:00pm
- Sophomore Volleyball v. Stillwater, 5:30pm
Tuesday, 9/27 -
- Dress-Up Day: Soccer Mom or BBQ Dad
- Cross Country @ Whitefish Invite, 3:00pm
Wednesday, 9/28 -
- Early Release, 1:25pm
- Dress-Up Day: Color Wars (Freshman - Gray, Sophomores - White, Juniors - Green, Seniors - Blue, Staff - Red)
- Homecoming Assembly, 10:15am - 11:30am
- Varsity Golf, AA Meet practice, 10:00am
Thursday, 9/29 -
- College Fair, 8:15am - 11:30am
- Dress-Up Day: Activity Swap (dress like an activity you’re not in)
- Boys JV Soccer @ Big Sky, 3:00pm
- Varsity Boys Soccer @ Big Sky, 5:00pm
- JV Girls @ Big Sky, 5:00pm
- Varsity Girls @ Big Sky, 3:00pm
- Freshman Football @ Helena High, 3:00pm
- Varsity Golf @ AA State Meet, 10:00am
- Freshman 1 Volleyball @ Flathead, 4:00pm
- Sophomore Volleyball @ Flathead, 4:00pm
- Freshman 2 Volleyball @ Flathead, 5:30pm
- JV Volleyball @ Flathead, 5:30pm
- Varsity Volleyball @ Flathead, 7:00pm
Friday, 9/30 -
- Dress-Up Day: School Spirit
- Marching Band, Homecoming Performance, 7:00pm
- JV Football v. Helena High, 3:00pm
- Varsity Football v. Helena High, 7:00pm
- Varsity Golf @ AA State Meet, 10:00am
Saturday, 10/1 -
- JV Boys Soccer v. Hellgate, 10:00am
- Varsity Boys Soccer v. Hellgate, 12:00pm
- JV Girls Soccer v. Hellgate 12:00pm
- Varsity Girls Soccer v. Hellgate, 10:00am
- Varsity Volleyball @ Crosstown Tournament, 11:00am
- Homecoming Dance, GHS Commons, 9pm - 11pm
Catch up with whats going on at Glacier High
Virtual Board Meeting Connection
Virtual meetings information will be posted here when needed.
Click Here to register (Zoom) for the September 13th 2022 KPS Board Meeting starting at 6pm.
**This meeting is view only and no interaction will be enabled (hand raise, Q & A, etc...)